xsl-list

Re: Compatibility question

2005-04-08 13:18:37
On Apr 8, 2005 9:59 PM, cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com wrote:

Until all browsers implement the same set of technologies you will have to
code differently for each.

That's a pity.

That's why client-side is the wrong approach for this.

Yes, I know server-side does a very good job. But sometimes it is
desiderable using client-side in order to save resources from server.

The right answer is to do this in one place, the server, which you can
control, and serve standard HTML to the browsers.

I agree with you, but client-side could be a "secondary" option. Now
you spend more time taking care in browser compatibility than
programming and serving a web page.

;-)