xsl-list

RE: minor grouping issue

2005-05-07 07:58:55
It's probably simplest to put the xsl:number within an xsl:choose to
distinguish the two cases. However, the from value is a pattern so you could
write something like

from="db:chapter[$multichapter] | db:article[not($multichapter)]"

where $multichapter is a boolean variable (or expression)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce D'Arcus [mailto:bdarcus(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 07 May 2005 15:52
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] minor grouping issue

On May 7, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

<xsl:number level="any" count="footnote" from="chapter"/>

Excellent; thanks!

So then, if I want to bring this together with the other issue that
David C. helped me with last night, what's the best way to have the
from value conditioned on a parameter or variable?

This is what I ended up with the solve the other related problem.  So
in my importing stylesheet, I override $chapters with a
definition that
includes all the chapters.

   <xsl:variable name="chapters" select="/"/>
   <xsl:variable name="citerefs"
select="($chapters)//db:biblioref/@linkend,

/course:syllabus//course:reading/@refid,
                                         //cite:biblioref/@key"/>

So for the footnotes, if I have multiple db:chapter or
$chapters/db:chapter elements, then it should count within those
chapters.  Otherwise, it should count over the document (which would
probably be db:article).

Bruce

--~--