xsl-list

Re: How to get UTC displayed on XSLT

2005-08-24 09:39:46
If you would ask my opinion, I don't mind using a product even if one
vendor supplies it..

Regards,
Mukul

On 8/24/05, omprakash(_dot_)v(_at_)polaris(_dot_)co(_dot_)in
<omprakash(_dot_)v(_at_)polaris(_dot_)co(_dot_)in> wrote:
Hi Mukul,
       Definitely. But the market isn't exactly flooded with XSLT 2.0
processors. As of now, people are tied to SAXON 8.4 and above which though
an excellent processor is the only one at present that implements XSLT 2.0
and XPATH 2.0 spec.

I would like to see a xalan or some other xslt processor that supports xslt
2.0.

I have definitely started learning xslt 2.0 myself and agree that us
programmers start "thinking in xslt 2.0" as Bruce Eckel might have put it
had he been an xslt programmer.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

                     Mukul Gandhi
                     <gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gm         To:
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
                     ail.com>                 cc:      (bcc:
omprakash.v/Polaris)
                                              Subject: Re: [xsl] How to get
UTC displayed on XSLT
                     08/24/2005 09:13
                     PM
                     Please respond
                     to xsl-list

I think its time we XSLT programmers should start thinking switching
to XSLT 2.0. Apart from the availability of this feature as David
pointed, XPath 2.0 has a huge function library (as compared to XPath
1.0). The spec is also now pretty stable, so there is quite less risk
of the language features getting changed.

I particularly like integration of the language with XML Schema type
system, xsl:function support, grouping constructs, regular
expressions, and of course availablity of large numbers of new
built-in functions. All these new features enhance the productivity of
a XSLT programmer.

Regards,
Mukul