xsl-list

SV: output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)

2005-08-05 10:15:24
The ASP file is:
http://gabbah.no-ip.org/mirakel/default.asp.txt

I sometimes read the XML file from disk statically, but most of the time it
comes from a COM-object.

Basically it's:

set o = Server.CreateObject("MwebbCOM.MwebbCOM.1")
domXML.loadXML(o.Document)

And that's the XML file you get, the one I reffered to below.

/Gabriel

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Joe Fawcett [mailto:joefawcett(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Skickat: den 5 augusti 2005 19:08
Till: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Ämne: Re: [xsl] output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gabriel K" <gabriel(_dot_)klappenbach(_at_)bredband(_dot_)net>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 6:02 PM
Subject: SV: [xsl] output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)

Yes, I just found a page explaining that, and using it like you specified
now it outputs UTF-8 correctly, with the charset attribute in the META tag
set to UTF-8 as well.

Now I have a follow up question. I get an UTF-8 encoded XML document that
load into a DOM object and then transform (the "domXML" below).
The xml is this:
http://gabbah.no-
ip.org/mirakel/default.asp?ctype=STP&cdoc=object&cnMaxRows=
10&cnBookmark=H2856&cpKNP=*&transform=no

So everything looks fine, the XML is UTF-8, the transformation outputs
UTF-8. BUT, the characters Å Ä Ö in the xml-file are encoded and I can't
get
them to look correct no matter what encoding I choose in the browser.
I don't understand why this is happening in the transformation! I mean if
everything is UTF-8 it should work fine right?

The result is this:
http://gabbah.no-
ip.org/mirakel/default.asp?ctype=KSP&cdoc=searchList&cpKNP=
*%C3%85*&cpADR=&cpSTN=&cnMaxRows=10

Any hints on what's happening?

/Gabriel

Can you show how you load the documents etc?

Joe

--~--