xsl-list

Re: Unwanted Prefixes in Output

2005-09-21 22:50:50
* Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> [2005-09-21 07:45]:
I believe he wants to process any atom document which could have any
namespaces. But instead of having the namespace declared at
the element
level, he wants the namespaces declared on the root element.

I don't think it is possible without declaring the namespace
in the XSL
stylesheet root element, right?

You can achieve this with

<xsl:template match="/*">
  <xsl:copy> (or <lre>)
    <xsl:copy-of select="//namespace::*"/>

However, this will also copy namespaces that aren't used in the result
document. If you want to eliminate unused namespaces AND promote retained
namespaces to the outermost element, then a two-phase transformation is
probably the cleanest way.

    As noted, it's an Atom feed, built by taking in any number of
    saved entires, so that search for namespaces would have to be
    across all the saved documents.

    Two stages is probably a way to go, since I'm pipelining anyway.

    Thank you Rob, Michael, and David.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan(_at_)engrm(_dot_)com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html