xsl-list

Re: Unwanted Prefixes in Output

2005-09-21 04:35:39
Michael Kay wrote:
In XSLT 2.0 you could replace

<xsl:element name="atom:{local-name(.)}">

with

<xsl:copy copy-namespaces="no">

When you say "can it get any better", do you mean you want "better" output,
or you want a better way of producing the output you are now getting?

I believe he wants to process any atom document which could have any namespaces. But instead of having the namespace declared at the element level, he wants the namespaces declared on the root element.

I don't think it is possible without declaring the namespace in the XSL stylesheet root element, right?

Could a post identity transform accomplish it?

best,
-Rob