xsl-list

Re: Strict sequential identity rule?

2005-09-21 14:15:41
On 21 Sep 2005 22:10:14 +0100, Colin Paul Adams
<colin(_at_)colina(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
"Dimitre" == Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

   Dimitre> As a consequence, I think that it would be very helpful
   Dimitre> to have in XSLT facilities, which provide warning
   Dimitre> diagnostics whenever a built-in template rule is invoked,
   Dimitre> or to turn off built-in template rules at all.

   Dimitre> Probably vendors of XSLT processors could provide such
   Dimitre> facilities?

The former is easy to do (but should not be on by default, as it would
annoy too many people).
The latter is equally easy, but is non-compliant behaviour. So it must
be a non-default option. In which case, I think the warning is better.

But why limit your request to vendors? Wouldn't you prefer free
software XSLT processors also to have such an option?

Colin,

Pardon my bad English, but for me you are also a "vendor", and a "free
vendor" :o) of an XSLT processor.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev