xsl-list

Re: OT: HTML and tables (was Re: [xsl] First character in a word as capital-letter.)

2005-09-13 08:10:03
Tempore 17:00:58, die 09/13/2005 AD, hinc in
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com scripsit Nick Fitzsimons
<nick(_at_)nickfitz(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:

As the example given:

<xsl:variable name="table-heading">
</xsl:variable>

is clearly the heading of a table of results, it's perfectly valid to use
table markup _in_this_case_: that's what table-related tags (standardised
in HTML 3.2) are for.
You got me wrong;-)
Of course it's normal to use 'table' elements here; it would be insane not to
use table markup in this case.

Your assumptions below express what I meant:
I assumed that the original objection was to using
"table header".

In addition, using <b> tags for emboldening the text would be irrelevant
if the correct <th> tag was used, as old browser default styles usually
emboldened the contents of <th> tags anyway.

--
Joris Gillis (http://users.telenet.be/root-jg/me.html)
«Et ipsa scientia potestas est»  - Francis Bacon , Meditationes sacrae