xsl-list

RE: Using document() for multiple unknown input files

2005-10-29 15:18:50
XSLT 2.0 provides a collection() function. The way that the argument URI
works is left to the implementation. In Saxon you can search a directory
using

collection("dir?select=*.xml;recurse=yes")

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Huditsch Roman [mailto:Roman(_dot_)Huditsch(_at_)lexisnexis(_dot_)at]
Sent: 28 October 2005 07:55
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Using document() for multiple unknown input files

Hi list,

I am sure that this question was risen in the past, too,
but I couldn't find any useful hint using the archive search.

My use case: I want to search a given string in all XML files
contained
in a given directory.
I don't know the amount and names of those XML files.
I've done such a thing before by generating a directory
listing and then
reading it by unparsed-text()
followed by some analize-string instructions.
Is there any way to provide a directory to the document()
function like
document('./*.xml')?
Or is there a simple and performant way to solve this use
case with pure
XSLT?
Thank you very much for your help!

all the best,
Roman
_______________________________________

Roman Huditsch
IT and Electronic Publishing
LexisNexis ARD Orac
Marxergasse 25
1030 Vienna
Austria
ph: +43-1-534 52-1514
f: +43-1-534 52-140
e-mail roman(_dot_)huditsch(_at_)lexisnexis(_dot_)at
www.lexisnexis.at

--~--