xsl-list

RE: Import stylesheet

2005-10-11 03:14:01
Brilliant.  One of those moments where I wish I'd thought of that.
Thanks very much indeed.

Just one question.  We cache our stylesheets to avoid load time.  The
"fixed" xsl will be cached.  If we make the on the fly xsl the dominant
one, do you know if the imported or fixed xsl still be loaded from
cache?

Regards,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:08 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Import stylesheet

Yoe need to invert your processing:

Don't try to import a stylesheet depending on a parameter
(It's a compile time directive so can't depend on any values)

Instead just make your dynamically generated stylesheets
import the main one with all the common code.

then rather than call your main stylesheet passing the name
of the dynamic sheet as parameter, just execute the newly
created stylesheet.

David

service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a
proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
--~--