xsl-list

Re: Problem with obtaining distinct values from a variable containg a nodeset

2005-11-29 10:27:48

Sorry Andrew Welch for my vagueness, but initially I thought it was a
rather simply problem that could be solved using the parameter name
only. Here are the details

This is a .Net project.  (So no simple 2.0  distinct() available)We can
thank Microsoft later.

I populate a XslArgumentList  with a parameter "services" using a
NodeIterator
        System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator nav = serv.CreateNavigator();

xslArgs.AddParam("services","",(System.Xml.XPath.XPathNodeIterator)
nav.Select("//MDBServiceDesc"));

Now the in the xslt I have

<xsl:param name="services" />
Which would contain:

<MDBServiceDesc>
        Activity By Region
</MDBServiceDesc>
<MDBServiceDesc>
        Activity By Vendor
</MDBServiceDesc>
<MDBServiceDesc>
        Best Practices
</MDBServiceDesc>
<MDBServiceDesc>
        Capital Needs Assessment
</MDBServiceDesc>
<MDBServiceDesc>
        Financial Impact
</MDBServiceDesc>
<MDBServiceDesc>
        Financial Impact
</MDBServiceDesc>
<MDBServiceDesc>
        Financial Impact
</MDBServiceDesc>

I am currently using "not", as I believe using "!=" as suggested earlier
would always return true ?
<xsl:for-each
select="$services[not(preceding-sibling::MDBServiceDesc=.)]">
  Do something
</xsl:for-each>

I get the required list output, but still containing the duplicates.

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is
prohibited.