xsl-list

Re: Problem with obtaining distinct values from a variable containg a nodeset

2005-11-29 07:54:11
Hi Ian,

How would I go about getting distinct values from the single parameter
"$services"?

It would be easier if you gave an example of what the $services look like.
I will Assume that it will be a group of elements called foo
<foo>value1</foo>
<foo>value2</foo>
<foo>value1</foo>
<foo>value3</foo>
<foo>value2</foo>

Then you can find them the usual way (relying on implicit conversion to string):
<xsl:for-each select="$services[.!=preceding-sibling::foo]">
  Do something
</xsl:for-each>

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)