xsl-list

Re: Convert apply-templates to call-template?

2006-01-30 02:42:54

I'm having a problem, however, and need to convert the template to act
on <xsl:call-template /> rather than <xsl:apply-templates />.

You'd need to say what the problem you were having, and what exactly you
meant bu using call-tempate. You need to somehow traverse the input tree
in order to get the input, apply-templates does that, call-template does
not, the current node never changes on a call-template.

Your question could be trivially answered by having a named template
that you call with call-template, that just uses apply-templates to
traverse the tree. I assume that wouldn't be acceptable, but it's hard
to see how any solution wouldn't be equivalent to that, as you have to
traverse the input somehow.

David