xsl-list

Re: Getting values from different templates

2006-01-10 03:02:04

> <xsl:template name="finalstring">
>    <xsl:param name="stringfirst"/>
>    <xsl:param name="stringmid"/>
>    <xsl:param name="stringend"/>
>    <xsl:value-of select="$stringfirst"/>
>    <xsl:value-of select="$stringmid"/>
>    <xsl:value-of select="$stringend"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>

> But while executing  i can get only the third variable value. Please correct
me where i am doing wrong.

You've probably got a typo in the place where finalstring is called,
but you haven't posted that bit of code.  Even then, this is a pretty
pointless template - what are you trying to achieve?  Wherever you
call finalstring, you could just use value-of instead.

I used the value-of to display the values instead of calling in different template. But i am getting only the value which i got in the last template.

Is that possible values get over written if we use the same attribute for matching? actually my input file looks like this

<content>statement1 |option1\ statement2</content>
<content>statement1 |option2\ statement2</content>

So i will retrieve statement1 from contents attribute in one template and
doing some replacement of that contents. likewise doing for
option1,statement2. while trying to display the 3 final values of the
templates i am getting only the last template (statment2) value alone.

thanks in advance!