xsl-list

Re: Getting values from different templates

2006-01-10 02:50:02
On 1/10/06, T Uma Shankari
<umashankari(_at_)lantana(_dot_)tenet(_dot_)res(_dot_)in> wrote:

Greetings!

   I have 3 different values stored in different variablenames in
3 different templates. I am trying to display the 3 values in one template by
passing
the variable values as parameter to common template. For example
stringfirst,stringmid,stringend variables from different templates to
finalstring template like this

<xsl:template name="finalstring">
   <xsl:param name="stringfirst"/>
   <xsl:param name="stringmid"/>
   <xsl:param name="stringend"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="$stringfirst"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="$stringmid"/>
   <xsl:value-of select="$stringend"/>
  </xsl:template>

But while executing  i can get only the third variable value. Please correct
me where i am doing wrong.

You've probably got a typo in the place where finalstring is called,
but you haven't posted that bit of code.  Even then, this is a pretty
pointless template - what are you trying to achieve?  Wherever you
call finalstring, you could just use value-of instead.