xsl-list

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

2006-02-09 21:29:28
Charles/Jon,

I was thinking that it might be possible to find an easier fix
for the problem I have than introducing such Excel binary file solution
(and POI technology which I am totally unfamiliar with)
Mind you, it is a problem with only 2 reports (all others are fine).
It would be pretty undesirable that they behave totally different
from the user's perspective.
But I will look more into it.

If you can tell me what element will cause Excel to create a new worksheet, I
can show you how to insert it into your output.
I did not find the answer after some googling around, but is it possible that
simply replacing <page-break> with "</x:WorkSheet><x:WorkSheet>" can do that ?
And subsequent HTMLSerializer with mime type Excel will interpret it.
That would be a much much simplier solution.

What do you think ?

I will also experiment more with regard to why me and Charles
are seeing different results with page-break after that transformation.

Thank you,
Oleg.