xsl-list

RE: Re: Re: Re: Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

2006-02-09 08:18:01
Which parser did you use ?  (we use Xerces 2.0)

Same.

That would make this particular page behave different from all others
and might be a major usability issue.

Good point.

And if most of our users use Excel 2003 (and it didn't work for me
anyway in 2003) most likely will not solve the problem.

Also a good point, but moot if you use the approach I describe in the
next answer.

Also, as far as I understand, HTMLserializer modified that file as
well (and I have to use it in Cocoon pipeline), so unless I just totally
bypass Cocoon and somehow "produce HTML for the browser",
it won't work.  Maybe I misunderstanding you, please elaborate.

The HTML produced by the transformation appears to be as you want it.
When I look at the output in the browser, it looks fine to me. As I
understand the issue, your problem is manifest when you print from
the browser.

I was suggesting that you use some other means (other than XSLT) to
produce a binary native Excel file that you output to disk and insert a link
into the HTML output that would download the binary file when clicked.

Can you please advise me how to modify that Excel-HTML transformer
to put every page (with <page-break> as a signal to start new one)
on new Excel worksheet ?

If by the term "Excel-HTML transformer" you mean the XSLT Stylesheet,
the answer is "I can't because I don't know how to do it." If you can
tell me what element will cause Excel to create a new worksheet, I
can show you how to insert it into your output.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email