xsl-list

RE: Re: Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

2006-02-06 14:47:55
That is very strange, why would you and me get different results ?
    That's hard to say. Are you using Excel 2000 or another release?

And why would HTMLSerializer with mime type Excel strip out
page-break-after tags?
   That's an issue with the HTMLSerializer, which, I presume, is a part of
Cocoon. If my
   presumtion is correct, then you'll need to post the question on the Cocoon
mailing
   list.

As I mentioned, another option would be to put every table into it's own Excel
worksheet. I guess, that is to transform <page-break> tag into
<x:ExcelWorksheet>
   What browser will be able to interpret <x:ExcelWorksheet>? In other words,
if you put
   <x:ExcelWorksheet> into your HTML, what do you expect a browser to do with
it? It
   isn't a tag in the HTML world.

How about this, could you produce HTML for the browser, and insert a link
pointing to a normal, binary Excel file for your users to download? This would
sidestep all the strangeness you are dealing with.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email