xsl-list

Re: Is letting the browser transform XML to XHTML using XSLT agood choice?

2006-03-02 11:26:39

Depending on what features you need, this product does the trick for many.
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

Yup. My little consulting firm has been gaining some new business of late,
and I now have multiple clients using Saxon, FOP, and various Java servlets
to produce PDF documents that range in size from a couple pages to a couple
thousand pages. One client uses FOP to produce over 4,000 pages of reports
(a large number of small reports, in that case) every day.

Provided you know how to manage its limitations (and all products have
limitations), FOP can be a powerful engine for producing PDF files. Also,
it's an active project with a top-drawer development team, and they
constantly improve it.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services