xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Re: How to strip partial text?

2006-03-19 11:46:34
You can filter out characters using

translate(., ' -x', '')

However, I don't think you want to filter out the X. It's a check "digit"
and is a proper part of the ISBN.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard Bierens [mailto:gerard(_dot_)bierens(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 19 March 2006 10:52
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Re: How to strip partial text?

The given solutions in the thread did not work for me, I did find
another one which brings me very close to the result I want:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/<xsl:value-of
select="substring(isbn/isbnprim, 6, 10)"/>.01.THUMBZZZ

This eliminates the first 5 characters, which was what I needed. But
now it turns out that some of the ISBN-numbers are written like this:
ISBN 91-12-304-403-x

Thus, I need to filter out the '-' and 'x' characters, anyone knows
how to do that?

thanx,
Gerard

--~--