xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Natural Logarithms using Transformiix

2006-03-23 10:32:46
Etienne,

It appears to be an ambitious thing you're attempting.

Have you thought about moving to another layer in the system, not attempting this in Transformiix, which may not be up to the job?

Moving it back to a server or batch process you'd have all the extension functions you needed, and/or XSLT 2.0/FXSL.

Alternatively, I wonder if the Adobe Viewer's support of Javascript wouldn't allow you to push the calculations all the way out into the SVG. (Note I'm not a scripting expert and have no idea how feasible this is.) That would entail a dependency on the Adobe Viewer (or another SVG engine that could handle the scripting) instead of a dependency on Transformiix/Firefox. The SVG you generated would not have the projection precalculated, but would calculate it itself.

Cheers,
Wendell

At 06:11 AM 3/23/2006, you wrote:
Dimitre
> To be more precise FXSL for XSLT 1.0 uses *just one* extension
> function -- the exsl:node-set() extension function..

Indeed, I though I was getting there with FXSL until I hit this.

> So, why not use IE ?
My output is ultimately SVG and as yet I haven't managed to get the
Adobe plug-in for SVG to work well in conjunction with XSL in IE.

Etienne

On 3/23/06, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
> > Both EXSLT and FXSL have implementations of the log function, however
> > both solutions seem to ultimately rely on extensions.
>

> As we all know  :o(    Transformiix (is probably the only XSLT 1.0
> processor that) does not implement xxx:node-set() --   you're out of
> luck.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Dimitre Novatchev
> ---------------------------------------
> Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
>

> On 3/23/06, Etienne Cherdlu <80n80n(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
> > I need to transform some lat,lon data to x,y data using Mercators projection.
> >
> > This requires an algorithm that uses natural logarithms
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection  has the complete
> > formula).
> >
> > Both EXSLT and FXSL have implementations of the log function, however
> > both solutions seem to ultimately rely on extensions.
> >
> > I need to support the Firefox / Transformiix XSL processor which, as
> > far as I know, doesn't support  any extensions at all.
> >
> > Does anyone have a pure XSL version of the log function or any other
> > ideas about how to do this?
> >
> > Etienne

> > --~--

> --~--