xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL template "namespace" problem

2006-03-29 09:17:03
   Ok, after thinking about it some more, and reading over your reply as
well as my code again, I understand what you mean by "embedded".

I meant embedded as in:
http://www.stylusstudio.com/xsllist/200211/post20910.html

where the stylesheet is contained within the xml.  I've never done
much with this.  Notice this is different from the processing
instruction (which in my opinion is a bad way of learning XSLT, but
that's just my opinion).

What I am
confused about, though, is your statement that it is "not supported by
IE". I'm using it fine with IE 6.0.2900.2180 on SP2. It places the XSLT
translations directly into the Javascript code no problems.

Like I said, I don't use it, and that email that says it's not
supported as of 2002.

   I also understand your concerns about creating "bad habits in coding"
right from the beginning by using "hacks" or styles that aren't supported
ubiquitously. Right now, I'm not coding for production, I'm coding for fun
to get a "feel" for XSLT. I probably shouldn't have asked such a question
on such a mailing list without fully going over a tutorial or proper
documentation first.

Well, it's just that the questions seem to be both faqs and faqs that
have already been addressed within the last 48 hours.  Also, it seems
there's so much confusion it's even difficult to fully grasp what your
mental model is.  Without doing so it's hard to help.  (Saying it just
doesn't work in IE doesn't exactly narrow the field either ;).)
Perhaps if your stylesheet is small it'll be much easier to help.
Look through the archives for Gowri's email from a day or two ago for
a simple stylesheet that sounds a lot like yours.

Jon Gorman