xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL template "namespace" problem

2006-03-29 10:31:19
On 3/29/06, Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Ian,

I know everyone's chiming in ... we're trying to be helpful.

At 10:40 AM 3/29/2006, you wrote:

Right now, I'm not coding for production, I'm coding for fun to get
a "feel" for XSLT. I probably shouldn't have asked such a question
on such a mailing list without fully going over a tutorial or proper
documentation first.

Don't worry about posting too early (or: don't worry too much; worry
about more important things) -- we get such "exploratory" posts all
the time. (Sometimes such posts are also "confused", but sometimes we
all end up getting a bit confused, it being very difficult to
disentangle implicit but sometimes mistaken assumptions on a mailing list. :-)

I just want to second Wendell here.  I wasn't trying to chase you off
the list, although I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so it might
sound that way.  On the other hand, you might want to simplify the
process and scan through some of the more recent postings.  It might
help you better express your problems for us :).  And I'm a big
supporter of coding for fun as well ;).

Jon Gorman