xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPointers to the start and the end of an element (not its content)?

2006-06-09 05:56:59
On Friday 09 June 2006 12:46,
bitte(_dot_)um(_dot_)hilfe(_at_)habmalnefrage(_dot_)de wrote:
first of all thanks for all your replies!

On Friday 09 June 2006 11:51, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
"Frans" == Frans Englich <frans(_dot_)englich(_at_)telia(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Frans> I think Mozilla implements it incompletely, and I've

That's not XSLT 2.0 then, is it?

No, it's XPointer support via some homebrewn ECMAScript interface. I
found

about mozilla, its funny but I thought the same (incomplete or incorrect
implementation) my own...

calling for e.g. /*/div[1]/*[position()=0] for a given DOM holds, but the
same with 3 instead of 0 (which should also hold for my DOM) responds with
wrong answers

Sorry for asking this question as it already seems to be answered, but is
the entire XSL support for Mozilla implmented as ECMAScript interface?

No, Mozilla's XSL-T support, the engine called TransforMiiX I think, is not
implemented with ECMAScript, as far as I know.

Because if it is and it is "homebrewn" as you mentioned,

No, this thread slowly became off-topic. The API Mozilla has for exposing its
XPointer support is "homebrewn" in the sense that it isn't specified in a DOM
specification or similar. This has nothing to do with Mozilla's XSL-T
support, which is intended to be a conformant XSL-T 1.0 implementation.

Cheers,

                Frans