xsl-list

Re: [xsl] amp symbols

2006-07-03 15:33:44

The vendor recommends a UTF-8 encoded file. So when I create an XML
file (before any XSLT is applied) I get just square boxes where those
math symbols and other items usually appear. I think this is why they
require the use of an entity. Does that make more sense or am I still
missing the point?

the square boxes just mean that the local font setup and display
software on your machine just means that you can't natively display the
symbols. You'd get teh same if you looked at a Japanese file and hadn't
Japanese fonts loaded. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with
the file, or that the file won't work on their machine with all teh
relevant fonts installed.

David