xsl-list

Re: [xsl] amp symbols

2006-07-04 02:16:45

Michael wrote
Well, we got the doctype-system and doctype-public added to xsl:output, but
the idea of a processor reading the DTD to extract the entity definitions
was never pursued.

No, but actually xslt2 character maps do more or less the same thing so
long as you do a "one-off" conversion of the DTD entity definitions into
a character map specifying the reverse transformation back from
characters to entity references. Or as in the case of
http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso9573-2003doc/overview.html
generate the character map and the dtd at the same time.

So in the 7 and a bit years since I sent that message to xsl-list we get
to a point where xslt2 is getting to the "almost final" stages of the
REC process, and provides the features needed, and the STIX font
submission that I mentioned is also almost there with
http://www.stixfonts.org/ now saying "Final Glyph Delivery Expected by
End of June" and full release by December.

David