xsl-list

[xsl] XSLT 2.0 support in KDE [was: Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?]

2006-09-27 06:35:22
Frans Englich <frans(_dot_)englich(_at_)telia(_dot_)com>, 2006-09-27 16:39
+0200:

I've been working for a year+ on a project called Patternist[1], an
XQuery/XSL-T 2.0/XPath 2.0 framework, a bit similar in design to Saxon. It is
designed from the ground up to be efficient, extensible, and be able to reach
these new technologies. The idea is to make XSL-T/XQuery available in an
efficient and well-integrated way to KDE apps, such as Konqueror.

Wow. Having support for browser-side XSLT 2.0 transformations
would certainly seem to make it unique. Or even just having a XSLT
2.0 library available to apps in the way that libxslt is now.

Is there any particular reason why it needs to be limited to use
by KDE apps? I see that the homepage mentions that it has
dependencies on QtCore and the KDateTime class from kdecore. Why?

As far as I know libxslt (for the sake of comparison) doesn't have
any similar dependencies (well, except for relying on the standard
C library, if you want to count that).

  --Mike