xsl-list

Re: [xsl] citation processing

2006-10-20 08:32:26
On 10/20/06, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

> Has anyone written of knows of a stylesheet to process citations, eg:

eek you mean parse the final plain text citation to infer a marked up
version? Scary. I'm not sure that xsl (even 2.0) is really the best
language for that amount of natural language processing.

yes - thats after inferring the citations from their position in the HTML.

Surely no one writes that stuff by hand, didn't it always start out life
marked up in a citation database like bibtex or endnote or something?
So if you can get hold of the original source life is much easier...

you would've thought so...

I'll ask around but I think the authors cut and paste the citations
from other locations and they were subsequently stored in a single

If you think its not really feasible to parse a plain text citation
into a marked up version then that's good feedback - it could well be
that a percentage need to be done by hand.

cheers
andrew