xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Behavior of document() Function with Empty String

2006-12-17 01:08:19
"David" == David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

    David> document('') is a request to load the ml file at
    David> the relatve URI '' which is the current stylesheet, so long
    David> as the current stylesheet has base URI which allows the
    David> relative uri '' to be resolved (the stylesheet may nt have
    David> a uri if it has been constructed in memory. (Acually the
    David> RFC has some special rules about '' which might mean it
    David> could resolve to the current document even if that doesn't
    David> have a URI (I think) but I wouldn't rely on that.

Which rule are you referring to?

If you mean this (from page 31):

if (R.path == "") then
               T.path = Base.path;

This seems unambiguous to me, and therefore you can rely on it
working, subject to the stylesheet having a base URI.

Unfortunately, the latter condition is not required by XDM - I don't see any
reason for this (in my implementation all documents have URIs, even
in-memory ones), but there it is.

I can't see any rule about '' when no base URI is defined.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire