xsl-list

[xsl] Special character as element name

2007-01-25 01:20:49
Dear all,

Many thanks for answering my questions the other day.
Now I encounter some problem, I search for the answer
but haven't got the right one.(using version 1.0 and
xalan)

Also This is my xml input file

<Query ID="2" >
  <QueryHead URI="#x">
  </QueryHead>
</Query>

I would like to have the output (getting the
attributes value) as the element name

<Body ID="2" >
  <#x/>
</Body>

I am trying using this xslt file (below), which ok if
the attributes value not special character (X without
#)but not #x

<Body>
  <xsl:element name="{//Query/@URI}"/>
</Body>

I tried several possibility, first I used the unicode
for replacing this # with hexadecimal. stil not work,
then I change the encoding type in the xslt file

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"
encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

Stil doesn't give me result.
I really stuck with this :(