xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

2007-04-16 16:13:07
Karl Stubsjoen wrote:

How about the discussion of build vs. buy, specifically:

Build an XML/XSL web "semantic" solution (pros/cons) over purchasing a
.NET GUI drag and drop solution??

But agreed, to lay insult without supported material is not right.

I think this is great departure from your original question. Firstly, XSL has applications beyond the web, I am thinking of things like FO for example. Most of your points centre around the assumption that XSLT is for websites. Probably the most usage, but not the highest usage. Secondly, this is an apple and oranges comparison. CSS and drag and drop tools will only go so far. What if I want a completely different way of rendering a "component"? What if I want to present the same XML data different ways? I cannot see any way of doing this with drag and drop solutions.

Then again, my experience with drag and drop GUIs is rather limited, so maybe I am not seeing your point here.

--
Kamal Bhatt