xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

2007-04-16 17:02:05
On 4/16/07, Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt(_at_)tt(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:

Then again, my experience with drag and drop GUIs is rather limited, so
maybe I am not seeing your point here.

You've sort of made my point by saying:

Secondly, this is an apple and oranges comparison. CSS and drag and drop
tools will only go so far. What if I want a completely different way of
rendering a "component"? What if I want to present the same XML data
different ways? I cannot see any way of doing this with drag and drop
solutions.

I've always found drag and drop solutions to be more of a burden than
a luxury, and just the sheer fact that the rendered output is usually
not semantically sane is reason in itself to avoid the quick and dirty
purchase.

Karl..

--~--