xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Tutorial for collection()

2007-05-17 15:17:59

This is news to me. Would it work when transforming in an XML Editor?
Example please.

Given a document as in your example in section 6, in xslt1 (or 2) you
can go
<xsl;for-each
select="document(document('collection.xml')/collection/doc/@href)">
and you will iterate over the three xml files specified.
If the entity resolver being used for your xml parser returns an xml
file of that form when given a url of a directory then you could
simplify this to
<xsl:for-each select="document(document('dir')/doc/@href)">
code exists in several places to return directory listings as xml (and
cocoon had one in a web server setting if I recall). Whether or not the
transformer is started from an editor or a command line or some
programming API doesn't make any difference does it?

As far as I know name="initial" is only a method some processors
support and only from the command line or from other code. When
testing, many people just use an XML Editor?

I'm not sure what you mean by "some processors support", it's not a
processor extension, it's a basic feature of the xslt2 spec that you can
initiate a transformation either by supplying an initial document, or by
specifying an initial template. Editors may or may not yet support all
the features of XSLT2, but they will presumably catch up if they do not.
Same is true of XSLT implementations of course.

David