xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL transformation removing closing tag for empty div

2007-06-03 12:44:28
On 6/3/07, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Since i am setting the content type as
> text/xml, I cannot set the output to html. If I do, it will
> throw an error. The reason I set the content type as text/xml
> is because I need an Ajax response, which should be in XML format.

Well, <div/> is in XML format. So we need to understand what's happening to
this XML and why it's being passed to something that can't handle it.

It could well be because with:

the text "sometext" will take on the bold style, whereas with

...it wont.

This is why I asked for a "don't minimise" output option (or
prioprietary extension) long ago, and the general response was - as
the two are equivalent it shouldn't matter (which I agree with now :)

In the end the "xhtml" output option of 2.0 came along which did the trick.

cheers
andrew