xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSL transformation removing closing tag for empty div

2007-06-04 07:52:56

If you use the XML output method then the system assumes that the output is
going to be read by an XML parser and that any well-formed XML
representation of the output will be OK.

I still don't understand why you are using the XML output method and then
sending the output to something that doesn't accept well-formed XML.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: A D [mailto:hopethisisstillthere(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 04 June 2007 15:43
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL transformation removing closing tag
for empty div

Is there any way I can do this without tweaking the xsl? I
mean, I would like to do this on the server side and ask it
not to remove the closing tags before transforming. Here is
the xsl declaration i use:

<xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

and I set the content type to text/xml before transforming.

--~--