xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSL transformation removing closing tag for empty div

2007-06-05 06:57:23
Why is adding a comment in the xsl such a "tweak" in the xsl?

this will output:

the comment won't show up in your xhtml page, just in the source.
regardless, you're going to need to do something about this in your xsl since it's your xsl parser that is outputting the empty div. so if you don't want to do this in the xsl, you'd probably need to install a different xsl parser (not sure if you're shared or dedicated hosting) which would be just a waste of time when you can just put something simple in your xsl file.

if you're worried about making your file bloated, a simple <xsl:comment> won't send your file size over the top.

dale
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:42:46 -0500
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
From: "A D" <hopethisisstillthere(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL transformation removing closing tag for empty div

Is there any way I can do this without tweaking the xsl? I mean, I
would like to do this on the server side and ask it not to remove the
closing tags before transforming. Here is the xsl declaration i use:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

and I set the content type to text/xml before transforming.