xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Using one nodeset to dictate the format of data from another nodeset

2007-06-07 14:02:22

It works perfectly. I notice it behaves the same way if I take out all
of the "tunneling" parameters. What is "tunneling" supposed to do? (I
thought it might make it so I could just declare my parameter in
topic-ref and then use it in title without all the redundant xsl:param
and xsl:with-param calls, but apparently not.)

you need to declare the param in the template where the value is used,
and you need to set it with with-param at the point it is set, but if
you declare (in both those places) that teh parameter is a tunnel
parameter (which is a new xslt2 feature) then you don't have to declare
the parameter in templates where it isn't used and you don't have to
explictly "pass it on" in nested apply template calls.

so you can lose the paraeter from this template as it is tunneled through
  <xsl:template match="content">
    <xsl:param name="level" tunnel="yes"/>

    <xsl:apply-templates select="title" >
      <xsl:with-param name="level" tunnel="yes" select="$level"/>
    </xsl:apply-templates>
  </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="content">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="title" />