xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Variable in XPath

2007-06-27 08:50:19
Assuming that there is a value that cannot be used as a legitimate
value for the "id" attribute, define the $pId xsl:param to have this
value.

doc('factbase.xml')/facts/class/@id = $pId
or
doc('factbase.xml')/facts/class[$pId = 'notId']

If it the class of possible values is known in advance, define the
$pId param to any value outside this class. For example, if the
possible values can only be numbers,

doc('factbase.xml')/facts/class/@id = $pId
or
doc('factbase.xml')/facts/class[not(number($pId) = number($pId))]

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev