xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Variable in XPath

2007-06-27 09:38:06
Hi Abel,

Thanks a lot for you answer, you gave lots of comments that are usefull for me.

Your solution defintely serves my needs I explained in my first mail. But as I wrote in my second mail there might be lots of attribute-combinations. So I would have to write a template for every possible combination which would make the stylesheed get very large. Maybe that's the only solution. But I would prefer a solutions with one template for all possible combinations like explained in my second mail with some default value for the variables that are not set by commandline.

regards,
Garvin

<xsl:param name="id" />

<xsl:template match="your-start">
   <xsl:apply-templates match="doc('factbase.xml')/facts/class" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="class[(_at_)id = $id]">
   ...do your stuff with a matching $id=(_at_)id for class-nodes...
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="facts[not(class/@id = $id)]/class">
...do your stuff when no @id matches the supplied $id, but class-nodes exist...
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="facts[empty(class)]">
  ...do your stuff when there are no class-nodes...
</xsl:template>