xsl-list

Re: [xsl] enumerating combination

2007-06-28 11:18:22
Sometime back, I had written a combination generator in Java. The
programs are available at:

http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/comb.java   (this is the starting point,
and uses the 2nd file below)
http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/CombinationGenerator.java

If you find it interesting, you could adapt it in XSLT (perhaps use it
via extension mechanism).

On 6/28/07, Matthieu Ricaud <matthieu(_dot_)ricaud(_at_)ajlsm(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm searching for hours for a solution to my problem, but didn't find a
solution ...

It's about a spellchecker. When searching for an experssion with say N words,
I want to list every combinations of suggested words.
I get the list of suggested words in an xml file, if the word exists (is well
spelled) than I don't get any suggestions for it, if not I get as many
suggestions as there are in the "spell base" .
The xml file could look like that for example :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spellchecker date="Wed Jun 27 17:13:12 CEST 2007">
       <word valeur="a" exist="false">
               <suggest value="a1"/>
               <suggest value="a2"/>
               <suggest value="a3"/>
               <suggest value="a4"/>
               <suggest value="a5"/>
       </word>

       <word value="b" exist="true"></word>

       <word value="c" exist="false">
               <suggest value="c1"/>
               <suggest value="c2"/>
               <suggest value="c3"/>
               <suggest value="c4"/>
               <suggest value="c5"/>
       </word>

       <word value="d" exist="false">
               <suggest value="d1"/>
               <suggest value="d2"/>
               <suggest value="d3"/>
       </word>
</spellchecker>

So what I like for result is :
a1 *b* c1 d1
a1 *b* c1 d2
a1 *b* c1 d3

a1 *b* c2 d1
a1 *b* c2 d2
a1 *b* c2 d3

a1 *b* c3 d1
a1 *b* c3 d2
a1 *b* c3 d3

a2 *b* c1 d1
a2 *b* c1 d2
a2 *b* c1 d3

a2 *b* c2 d1
a2 *b* c2 d2
a2 *b* c2 d3

a2 *b* c3 d1
a2 *b* c3 d2
a2 *b* c3 d3

Any idea of an xslt able to do that or any suggestions would be really
welcome !

Matthieu

--
Regards,