xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Tricky transformation task

2007-07-11 15:10:36
- My xml's sometimes have more than a few thousand <LINK>
tags and after some magical threshold (a few hundred) the
stylesheet throws the following error:
   "Too many nested apply-templates calls. The stylesheet may
be looping"

Which Saxon release are you on? The stylesheet looks tail-recursive to me so
I can't see any obvious reason why it should blow the stack. I may have
missed something of course. If you're on the 8.9.0.4, send me the data and
I'll look into it.

Don't run in a debugging/tracing environment because that switches tail-call
optimization off.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/