xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Tricky transformation task

2007-07-11 16:44:13

- My xml's sometimes have more than a few thousand <LINK> tags and after
some magical threshold (a few hundred) the stylesheet throws the
following error:
   "Too many nested apply-templates calls. The stylesheet may be
looping"

ho hum, check you have the latest version of saxon (MK keeps fine tuning
his tail recursion elimination) failing that it's probably possible to
write it to pass the lists as a parameter sequence rather than iterating
along the sibling axis, but not at this time of night:-)

- I forgot to mention that the SUBG-ID which I have to assign has to be
numeric,

just replace generate-id() with something else (eg an integer parametr
 that you pass along and increment each time you allocate a new id)
or in the final end template,  group on the generated id using for-each-group
and
 replacing the id with position() which numbers the groups in that
 context.

- I have to admit I didn't really get this one part of your stylesheet.
What exactly are you doing here? After the ITEM (L) has been added and
you checked that O1 and O2 are already present, nothing else has to be
added, right?
<xsl:with-param name="r"
select="$r/d:join(.,current()/@O1-ID,current()/@O2-ID),$L"/>

If the link that's just about to be added joins two components that were
previously disconnected, and so have been allocated different subgraph
ids, you need to merge them into one subgraph by changing all teh ids of
teh second component to be the id of the first.

David