xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Finding the ID attribute of an XPath from XMLSchema

2007-07-22 03:02:18

XQuery is actually off-topic for this list, but I didn't notice that when
you started the thread because your subject line says XPath.

With Saxon-SA 8.9.0.3,

(1) it reports the error "function is in a reserved namespace". Function
names must be in your own namespace.

(2) When I fix that (prefix the function name with "local:"), it works fine.
I think there is a bug in your XQuery processor.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: v vijith [mailto:vvijith(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 July 2007 03:42
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Finding the ID attribute of an XPath from XMLSchema

Mike
Based on the syntax above, I wrote the code and gives an
error, context document undefined.

declare function id-from-element ( $element as element()? )
as xs:string? {
       data(($element/@*[id(.) is ..])[1])  } ;

let $dm := doc("/repository/content/3001") let $ee:=
id-from-element($dm//figure/picture[1])
return
   <net>
     {$ee}
   </net>

It gives me an error "context document undefined".

the XML is having the struct

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<sample1 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="sample1.xsd">
      <data>Copyright MyCompany 2007</data>
      <figure>
              <picture no="IMAGE-1"/>
              <picture no="IMAGE-2"/>
              <picture no="IMAGE-3"/>
      </figure>
</sample1>

XSD is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
elementFormDefault="qualified">
      <xs:element name="sample1">
              <xs:complexType>
                      <xs:sequence>
                              <xs:element ref="data"/>
                              <xs:element ref="figure"/>
                      </xs:sequence>
              </xs:complexType>
      </xs:element>
      <xs:element name="data" type="xs:string"/>
      <xs:element name="figure">
              <xs:complexType>
                      <xs:sequence>
                              <xs:element