xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Parsing to a file...

2007-07-23 09:13:41
Thanks David! Also thanks to Justin for the welcome to the group...I've been
searching for a forum that feels like a good fit...I think I can do some
learning here...glad to be a member!

Now...one more question...I know using this code <xsl:value-of
select="shortdescription/@Value" /> will find the attribute value I
seek...typically, it returns something like the following...

1: 2535 Fixed Casement.  Frame Size: 2535.  Architect Series.  General
Information: Not Specified, Standard, Clad, Pine.  Exterior Color / Finish:
Standard EnduraClad, Brown.  Interior Color / Finish: Unfinished Interior.
Glass: Insulated Low E Argon Gas., Traditional (2W1H), No

Wrapping Information: Yes, Foldout Fins, 3-11/16" Factory Applied, Perimeter
Length = 120", Design Pressure = ??, Glazing Pressure = 100.

I need to parse this returned attribute into a text file of a CSV (Excel)
file...it appears that the data separator is the character combination
"period-space-space" (".  ")...

That's my mission for the day (week???)...get this attribute parsed into it's
own file.

So my question...how is the best way to parse through an attribute text value,
writing each parsed value into a txt file or an Excel CSV file??

Pete

(I'll be putting together a .Net frontend that will allow me to select an XML
file to operate on, and then to specify a file name and location to drop the
parsed data file...if anyone understands the process I'mm about to enter into,
and has some suggestions...I'm humbly ready for suggestions and direction!)