xsl-list

Re: [xsl] variable outside a for-each loop: second try

2007-09-21 00:56:03
On 9/20/07, Abel Braaksma <abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl> wrote:
Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
$  java -jar /usr/share/Dart/Source/Server/saxon/saxon8.jar  -t
Saxon 8.0 from Saxonica
Java version 1.6.0_01
No source file name

ouch, that must be at least three years old! High time to upgrade to 8.9
at the very least! So much has changed since then.

Again thanks a lot everybody for your help. I perfectly understand
that I am having a hard time moving away from procedural programming.
But I still do not understand why I need to live on the edge to do
something that seems pretty simple. For instance I am working on a
linux debian machine. Looking for saxon in all packages:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=saxon

The latest release is 6.5.x. Which means that most people manage
-somehow- to live with XSLT 1.x, right ?

Are there any linux/open source guy on the list. What do you use ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu