xsl-list

RE: [xsl] variable outside a for-each loop: second try

2007-09-21 07:24:04
-----Original Message-----
From: Mathieu Malaterre [mailto:mathieu(_dot_)malaterre(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]

But I still do not understand why I need to live on the edge to do
something that seems pretty simple.

Haha, my best wishes to you on (and congratulations for) your move. I'd
recommend Evan Lenz's XSLT 1.0 Pocket Reference; even though you have
access to a 2.0 processor, having a solid grasp of the XPath/XSLT
processing model from the ground up will do wonders for your code. The
pocket reference is, for most things, all you'll need to get the
fundamental questions answered quickly and concisely.

That said, don't get discouraged when you run into a confusing wall like
this. Remember, it's been said that XSLT is notorious for making
ridiculously complex problems simple, and simple problems ridiculously
complex. ;)

~ Scott