xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Is the following xml file a vlid xml file ?

2007-09-27 02:00:43
Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Hi again,

  I was recently told my output xml file is not a valid xml.

yep, that was me ;)

Input file was produced by OpenOffice.org 2.0 (save as docbook):
http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/07_03pu-newline2.xml

xsl transformation is:
http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/oo2.xsl
[I know the code is far from perfect and I'll try to make it cleaner
in the near future]

Transformation is:

 $ java -jar saxon8.jar 07_03pu-newline2.xml oo2.xsl > tmp.xml
 $ xmllint --format tmp.xml > ModuleAttributes.xml
What does xmllint do? Does it tamper with the output from saxon? Does it add spaces?

and output can be found here:

http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/Source/InformationObjectDefinition/ModuleAttributes.xml

The default xsl embeded in this xml (ma2html.xsl) is a html
transformation so that my users can easily read the information
contained in this file. They simply point there browser to:

http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/gdcm/trunk/Source/InformationObjectDefinition/ModuleAttributes.xml

  Anyway my question is this: Is ModuleAttributes.xml a valid xml or
not ? If not please guide on how to fix it.

Well, my return question is: why do these links not point to an XML file? It is quite confusing, but when I click it I get a history chart. And I took that history chart as being the output of your XSLT process. It would've been nice if you gave us the correct link that pointed to the file you want us to see, because with time, this history will be flooded with more history and this being a public list, no-one can understand from the archives what this is about....

In this case, a correct link could've been (but I cannot tell from your statement that this really is it):
http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/gdcm/trunk/Source/InformationObjectDefinition/ModuleAttributes.xml?revision=1141&content-type=text%2Fplain

but I am not sure if that is the file you want us to investigate. It may very well be that it is correct XML (otherwise the embedded xslt wouldn't work) because I definitely looked at the wrong spot.

In short, this why we favor short handsome examples *inside* the post, so there can be no mistake as to what we are dealing with, and it will last forever in the archives....

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma