xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Split into numbered files: without side-effect? (XSLT 2)

2007-09-28 05:00:36
1) I'm still "cheating" somehow, by using saxon:evaluate. If
I wanted to do without, which way would I have to go,
roughly? (Is this related to Joe's comment "if the full
XPaths are stored in the config file then some extension is
needed to evaluate these dynamically"?)

If you've got XPath expressions stored in an XML document, then the only way
to evaluate them with standard XSLT is to generate a stylesheet and then
execute it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/