xsl-list

[xsl] handling tags and PIs within a macro

2007-10-23 07:10:27
Hi guys,

I have created templates by the help of which, the
compiler will parse my macros for graphics, chunks of
table entries, etc. The problem is that when a macro
is parsed by its template defined in .xsl file, the
compiler cannot handle such processing instructions as
<sbr\>, <xref.../>  <command>, etc that are within the
macro's text. The compiler says:
parser error : Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes
values. How do I create a template within each macro
template, so that those processing instructions in the
<> format will be handled regularly, without changing
their format to &lt;...&gt;?

Please, advise!

P.S. here is an example of a table row macro (and
within this row there could be all these problematic
PIs.

<xsl:template match="j_entry">
<row>
  <entry>
  <xsl:element name="formalpara">
    <xsl:attribute name="id">
      <xsl:value-of select="@fid"/>
     </xsl:attribute>
     <title>
       <xsl:value-of select="@cmd"/>
     </title>
  </xsl:element>

  <formalpara>
    <title>Description</title>
    <xsl:value-of select="@dsc"/>
  </formalpara>

  <formalpara>
    <title>Relevant to</title>
    <xsl:value-of select="@rel"/>
  </formalpara>

  <formalpara>
    <title>Type</title>
    <xsl:value-of select="@t"/>
  </formalpara>

  <formalpara>
    <title>Default Value</title>
    <xsl:value-of select="@val"/>
  </formalpara>
  </entry>
</row>
</xsl:template>

The macro in the XML source file looks like this:

<j_entry cmd="admin/user/mail" dsc="Quota of a mailbox
in Megabytes. The default value is taken from the mail
server default quota (see entry <xref
linkend='mta_quota' xrefstyle='template:%t on page
%p'/>)." rel="Mail Server" t="integer" ver="4.0"
val="30"/>

Thanks in advance!
Kind regard,
Nancy