xsl-list

Re: [xsl] handling tags and PIs within a macro

2007-10-23 08:21:23
Hi David,

Look, I am a newbie in Docbook XSL, there are many
things that I don't understand. We have transformed
all the documentation from LATEX to XML, and now I am
trying to figure out how to solve many
formatting/compilation problems.

So if you see some incorrect terminology I use, pardon
me. :-)

Best regards,
Nancy

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

So how do you explain the fact that those macros
are
parsed properly by the XSLTPROC according to the
 unless the macro contains the
mentioned problematic items?

They are not really macros, just normal XML
elements, which are being
transformed by XSLT (which you can view as a kind of
macro expansion,
although that's not really how it works)  But your
"problematic" cases
have < in attribute values so are not XML. As
Wendell just said, if you
modelled your data using XML elements and attributes
rather than using
non XML syntax, it would be easy to adjust the XSLT
templates to your
new format.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company
registered in England
and Wales with company number 1249803. The
registered office is:
Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR,
United Kingdom.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The service is